To apply for a Nevada concealed carry permit, you will first need to complete an eight hour training class approved by any Sheriff in Nevada, which will include a shooting qualification and a written test.
You then take your application with proof of training to the Sheriff’s office. They will fingerprint you and take your photo. The current fee for a new permit in Nye County is $100.25.
If you are a Nevada resident, you must apply to the Sheriff in your county of residence. If you are a nonresident you must apply in the same county where you took your training class.
The Sheriff’s office has 120 days to approve or deny your CCW application (or renewal request).
Your permit will be valid for five years from the date it is issued.
To renew a permit that has not yet expired, you must complete a four hour renewal training class before submitting your renewal request to the Sheriff who issued your permit. The fee for renewing a permit is $65.25.
Your renewed permit will be valid for five years from the date it is issued.
If your permit has expired, you have 365 days to renew it, (four hour training class, $65.25 renewal fee) with the addition of a $15 late fee.
If your permit has expired for more than 365 days, you will have to complete the whole permit process again, i.e., take the eight hour CCW class and pay the full $100.25 initial application fee.
Our advice would be to submit your renewal application at least 120 days before expiration to be certain of getting your new permit before your current permit expires. Remember that if your permit expires, you cannot lawfully carry concealed until you receive your new permit.
You are NOT eligible to obtain a Concealed Firearm Permit if any of the following apply:
1. You are under 21 years of age unless you meet the military exemption.
2. You do not provide the required documentation to demonstrate competence with a firearm.
3. You are a fugitive from justice.
4. You have judicially declared mentally incompetent or insane.
5. You have been admitted to a mental health facility, within the last 5 years.
6. You have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that
your normal faculties are impaired, including one or more DUI convictions within five previous
years and Medical Marijuana Patients.
7. You have been convicted of a crime involving the use, or threatened use of force or
violence, including misdemeanor convictions, within the last three (3) years.
8. You have been convicted of a felony.
9. You have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or you are
currently subject to a restraining or other order of protection against violence.
10. You are currently on parole or probation.
11. You have been, within the preceding five years, subject to any requirements imposed by a court as
a condition to:
a.Withholding the entry of judgment for your conviction of a felony, or; b.Suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony, or; c.Indictment by a Grand Jury.
12. You have made a false statement on any application.
13. You were dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
14. You are not lawfully admitted into or are no longer lawfully within the United States.
15. You are prohibited from possessing a firearm under any federal, state, county or city